"Listening Post" Ben Rubin and Mark Hansen (2003)
I am taking my inspiration for my object analysis, essay and presentation from "Listening Post" a dynamic portrait of online communication and "what 100,000 people chatting might sound like". It is a piece of work which takes random and uncensored bits of information from live chat rooms and online messaging websites. There are seven scenes that the piece takes you through, each differing from each other and each making you feel a different way.
The first time I saw "Listening Post" I sat in silence for two hours, stunned by the haunting in sight it gave me to the world of the internet. I began to think about the loss of real life within our world, the online identities people have and the way this is affecting how we are as people; becoming more insular and lonely as online communication becomes more advanced and easily accessible for everyone. I want to look at loneliness, the idea of people having an addiction to social networking and effectively living through the internet.

No comments:
Post a Comment