I have been at Chelsea for four months now and I believe I have developed my technical skill through the workshops blocks that I have taken. I don’t necessarily think that my creativity has benefited and I do feel uninspired at the moment due to other reasons. I have tried incredibly hard through out these four months in every aspect. I love researching and working on my blog and I find it a great way to express myself without feeling pretentious or stupid. I do enjoy working in a sketch book so I am looking forward to the Unit 3 project which begins mainly with research.
The “Pop-Up” project drilled in the importance of starting with plenty of drawings and mark-making, even when going onto knit and weave. I like that drawing is important as I love to draw on location and have primary reference material to take inspiration from.
I enjoyed the print and knit blocks, However I think weave developed my patience as it is so time consuming and complicated.
I need to work on my ability to maintain my enthusiasm throughout an entire project. I did feel with both “Pop-Up” projects and “The Rough Guide” that I lost enthusiasm when I was just repeating things. From this, I know I need to constantly gain inspiration through the whole process.
I find it very difficult to put analysis, of exhibitions, artists and myself into words. This is something I need to work on as this is holding me back when it comes to my blog and theory work. I have the understanding and the research, it is showing this and putting it into words that I find so frustrating.
In all I believe I have worked really hard this last four months, though I definitely need to improve on aspects of my work. Unit 3 should really benefit my development in Textiles.

No comments:
Post a Comment